Wednesday 19 May 2010

Midlands Champ!

Bringewood Pearce cycles round 3


I arrived on Saturday to find sun and dust and a mint track that was extremely fun to ride. The Pearce team had really pulled one out the bag this time with great pits and superb new technical sections. Saturday had come and gone before I knew it and the excitement of racing had soon filled the air. Due to a really fast uplift I got 2 solid runs in Sunday morning and by 11 I was in the starting gate ready to go!


The run was fairly average despite coming of the track in the open section I was still on for a good time but whilst riding through the bottom section a red flag was thrust in front of my face. Unfortunately Sam Clixby (a good friend of mine and a bit of a legend) crashed on the bottom table top and broke his elbow. I was soon at the top of the hill for my rerun and was going pretty well, I was two seconds up on the split but my front wheel got away from me in one of the new hard-ish section causing me to slide on my belly like a penguin. I crossed the finish line in 2nd and 3 seconds back from the lead.

But my second run was a different story: The whole way was really fun and pretty pinned and despite holding back a bit on the section I crashed on in my previous run I managed to win by 5 seconds and grab the midlands champs title!!

See you soon, Will.

Pictures from Iain @ http://www.turniptowers.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment