Wednesday 23 June 2010

Bala


Bala. For me the most anticipated race of the year! I look forward to this race all year and I wasn’t disappointed. As usual at Bala it was glorious all weekend and the track was rough and fast just as it should be. Practice had started before I knew it and the track rode even better than it looked. Roots rocks and everything in between made practice fly by I guess time does go quick when you’re having fun.



Sunday came and the nerves kicked in. I pieced together a scrappy run. To my surprise I broke the beam 5 seconds up with a respectable time which gave me the green light to get loose in my second run! I was up 3 seconds at the split with a 51 kmph through the speed trap smashed the woods where mistakes had been made in my first run and was on for a much improved time. Unfortunately I went over the bars on the last corner and hopes of an impressive race run time where broken. Never the less I grabbed the win and had bucket loads of fun, Bala once again didn’t disappoint! Well done Pearce for a brilliant weekend! See you soon Will.
Pics thanks to Jeff at    http://www.monkeyspoon.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment