Tuesday 4 May 2010

Welsh Champs 2010

The track at Llangollen is recognised as one of the steepest in the UK and with a new track being raced for the first time, me and my bro were pretty excited to be racing here. As we arrived we pulled up and you could see the whole track from start to finish and it looked like it was going to be fun!


Saturday was all day practice and things went really well, most people opted to go for flat pedals as the steep technical track was too challenging for them. I stayed on clips and felt more comfortable. After a few practice runs the track turned into a straight line, people were littered all over the track and was just a general mess. The marshals did their best job of putting the tape back, but with no joy as people kept running through it. Lines were forming all over the place and it was hard to decide which one to choose.

Sunday morning and the track had been re-taped and ready to race. After two practice runs my bro had a big crash and knocked himself out on one of the fast rutted sections. Will also had a massive crash on the lower section of the track. He was carried off by the Extreme Medic's team and allthough he was ok, wasnt allowed to race
I was ready to race. On my first race run I had a few crashes which left me way down going into the second runs. By the time the second race runs were here, the tape was all over the place, leaving straight lines for the people in the know how. My second race run was a bit better, I managed to stay on the bike and have an average run, finishing the day in 4th 3 seconds off the leader. It was a good weekend apart from the track tape changing every 5 minutes!

Jack




pictures from:
and
Stu Hopkinson.

No comments:

Post a Comment